Sunday, March 8, 2009

March Preschool Lesson Plan Ideas: Spring Fever


Spring is almost here. I am getting excited!!!! It is absolutely crazy that it is 73 today and last Sunday it was snowing! In Alabama!!!!!!

As I have said before, I am trying to work with my daughter at home, and we are excited to get started on spring lesson plans. Tomorrow we are starting on gardening. We are going to prep and plant the garden this week, paint a planter and plant something in it, we will be working on the letter F, making flowers, read poems and books about spring, take a nature walk, and make sun prints. We are also going to graph plant growth over the month. I also may start collecting environmental print. Monkey Girl does that any way.
So that's what we are going to. Stay tuned for more ideas.

What do kids learn from gardening?
  • Ecology. there is a big emphasis on green living now. Kids learn if they care for the Earth, it will provide nourishment for them(i.e. yummy fruit and veggies).
  • To enjoy nature, the fresh air. I know I love it!
  • Responsibility- Caring fore plants teach them to be responsible for tasks and other living things.
  • Cause and effect. If you provide seeds with sun and water, they will grow into a plant.
To name just a few.....

No comments: