- Start with an organized classroom. I know it sounds too easy, but it is true. If it starts neat it will be a lot easier to get back there later.
- Teach the children how to clean up. They don't come with that skill at birth. You have to teach it. And make it fun. Turn up music and have a "musical chairs" clean up race.
- Pair down toys and books. If you have too much stuff, it will be overwhelming to you and the children at clean up time. Just have out what you need. Only have theme books on the shelf. That way everything doesn't get mixed up together.
- Label every thing with picture labels- blocks shelves with pictures of the blocks, the storage container for cars with pictures of cars, and so on. You can cut out pictures out of catalogs, or go to this website and print them out.
- Don't have large toy bins. Toys just get lost, and it is hard to clean up. Use smaller clear storage boxes with picture labels on them.
If you have any tips be sure to leave them in the comments!!! We all can learn from each other.